Dunkirk 2015 March
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ramsgate event

+3
Rich888
deebo
Admin
7 posters

Go down

ramsgate event Empty ramsgate event

Post by Admin Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:50 pm

There is a DYNAMO EVENT AT RAMSGATE

are we interested ?

Under what criteria ?

My thoughts are can we arrange to get back free and authentically from Dunkirk to Ramsgate ?

Thoughts ?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dunkirk2015march.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

ramsgate event Empty ramsgate

Post by deebo Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:10 am

I think it could work,cant remember the date of the Ramsgate event. but to arrive into dock from Dunkirk would certainly work well for both parties,very authentic

deebo

Back to top Go down

ramsgate event Empty Re: ramsgate event

Post by Rich888 Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:31 am

Are they taking the boats over to Dunkirk? I wasn’t sure if this was just a Ramsgate based event. If they are and we could get a lift back on a small boat then that really would be the icing on the cake. Not sure I fancy wading out from the beaches though !!!

Rich888

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich888 Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:49 am

Just checked their wed site and I don’t think the dates tie in. There event is from the 20th to the 25th with the boats returning from Dunkirk on the 25th.

http://www.operationdynamo75th.co.uk/

Rich888

Back to top Go down

Post by TubbyBinns Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:11 am

This was scheduled for the 2000 trip but weather put paid to it and Jon negotiated a return by ferry for attendees...

I'd agree that it would be excellent... But we may have to settle for the standard ferry...
TubbyBinns
TubbyBinns

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:14 pm

There seems to be a wide variety of events spread over a wide variety of fucking days this time.

What are we interested in actually doing : Which is the most important to you all

1) Fort des Dunes

2) Getting back authentically, if possible - I have had enquiries about being brought back that way made to me

3) linking up with 1939/1940 vehicles "abandoned" near Warhem

4) the official Dunkirk town dates

It's everyone's trip, I need some input off you all so we can make a joint decision about what we want

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich888 Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:32 am

Were you thinking of shifting the dates to a bit earlier to coincide with events then? If you are that’s fine by me as I’m fairly flexible on dates. If so my vote would be to try and tie up with the little ships for a lift back.

If we are sticking to the original dates then I guess the best event is the one that ties up with our arrival i.e. the date we get to Dunkirk itself and the general direction we approach it from.

I’m afraid I don’t know too much about the other events to comment much more, unless someone want to give us a run down of what they envolve?

Rich

Rich888

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:20 pm

excellent point

Little ships come back on 26th May

Fort des Dunes is 31st May

Official stuff seems to co-incide with little ships, as does Ramsgate
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:45 am

I am flexible with dates as well so am happy to go with the general co census.

It's a shame that there is almost too much to pick from here. I see the potential in all of the ideas but I think an authentic arrival back in the UK on the little ships would top of the event for me.

My only concern with the ships would be the owners. Are they going to be ok with guys clambering all over their pride and joy in ammo boots and kit?

If the boats are too much hassle then the other events will in their own right will be an experience. I don't know quiet what they all entail so will have to go with the experience of those who made it last time.

Cheers

Sam
samharris45
samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:29 am

It's being worked on as we speak, I'll let you know, be nice to come back authentically last time
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:13 am

Dunkerque Tourism seem to have updated their website but there is still a lack of real detail and talk of a 'draft' programme

http://www.ot-dunkerque.fr/en/content/commemorations-may-2015?v=the-battle-of-dunkirk

They really don't seem to be planning or expecting anything after the rather influential little ships return.

25th May is a public holiday in France and Belgium so they are probably seeing it as their best hope of a large tourist attendance.
Rich
Rich

Back to top Go down

Post by vjenkin1 Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Admin wrote:It's being worked on as we speak, I'll let you know, be nice to come back authentically last time

As long as I don't have to stay in Dunkirk authentically. Laughing
vjenkin1
vjenkin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down